About Mark Shaffer
- Graduated Blairsville High School
- National Honor Society
- Senior Class President
- Enrolled in and pursued degree at University of Oklahoma
- Wes Wetherell Show Horses
- Assistant trainer
- Earning first of several Top Ten World& National placings
-Steve Heckaman Quarter Horses
- Assistant trainer and manager
- Earning first of several World Championships
- Multiple Top Ten finishes at World, National & Congress
-Storm King Ranch
- Head trainer and manager
- Receiving High Money Earner Award in 1995 as rated by Quarter Horse News
- Earning several more World & National Championships, and Top Ten finishes
- Multiple Futurity wins
- Began building clientele base to maintain a self-supportive business
- Creation of Mark Shaffer Show Horses
- Leased stalls from Doug Lilly Quarter Horses
- Continued to earn many more prestigious titles (World/National/Congress)
- Mark Shaffer Show Horses continues to expand
- Purchased ranch and facility from Doug Lilly Quarter Horses
- Increased clientele, becoming one of the nation’s top training & showing facilities
- Earning or coaching over 200 World or National Championships
- Currently maintaining one of the Nation’s top training and showing facilities
- Horse & Rider (1995 and 1996 issues)
- Appaloosa Journal (1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998 issues)
- Quarter Horse News (1995 and 1997 issues)
- Riderswest.com (Nov. 2000 & Feb. 2001)
- Appaloosa Journal (Jan. 2002)
- Mark Shaffer Show Horses completes construction of second show barn at the ranch
- Continues to travel around the world conducting clinics and
- Continues to successfully competing at today’s most prestigious events
- Mark joins the elite group of AQHA Professional Horseman
- Mark applies for ApHC judges card
- Mechanics N Motion is released. The number 1 selling training DVD in 2006
- Mark Shaffer continues to travel the world demonstrating his world championship techniques on training & showing
- Students and members of Mechanics N Motion earn over 50 World & National Titles at the 2006 Youth World & National Championship Show
- In 2006, MSSH celebrates 20 years of commitment & excellence to the Appaloosa Industry
- Students and members of Mechanics N Motion earn over 75 National, Youth World and World Titles in 2006.
- Mark Shaffer opens North West division in Preston, WA. Now accepting a limited number of horses to the exclusive program.
11/07/07 Mark receives the FeatherLite Medalist endorsement sponsorship.
Mechanics N Motion achieves best selling training DVD in 2007 & 2008.
Mechanics N Motion releases the anxiously awaited Pro Series # 2 DVD. 12/15//08
"Selecting & Starting Your Performance Horse Prospect"
2008 ApHC & NSBA Show Season
Mark’s horses earned 37 National, World & NSBA Championship titles. A career high.
2008 Mechanics N Motion Tour – 96 clinics in 48 cities in 11 countries.
- Mark earns the prestigious 5 million mile award on American Airlines. Sends for more pages for the passport. As they are all stamped.
- Mark Shaffer creates You Tube Channel. Guiding horse enthusiasts to the next level.
- Mechanics N Motion achieves best selling training DVD in 2009 & 2010. Pro Series # 1 & Pro Series # 2
- Mechanics N Motion releases the training saddle and show saddle line. Over 100 saddles sold in the first 2 years.
- 2009 ApHC & NSBA Show Season
Mark’s horses earned 30 National, World & NSBA Championship titles.
- 2010 ApHC & NSBA Show Season
Mark’s horses earned 23 National, World & NSBA Championship titles.
- 2009 Mechanics N Motion Tour – 98 clinics in 65 cities in 14 countries.
- 2010 Mechanics N Motion Tour – 90 clinics in 55 cities in 16 countries.
- 2010 – Mark enters his first European Competition. NSBA Pleasure Celebration – Kreuth, Germany – Earing a reserve championship title and then attending the AQHA European Championships – Kreuth, Germany – Earning 5 medals with the show team
- Mark earns the prestigious 6 million mile award on American Airlines.
- 2011 – 2014 ApHC & NSBA Show Season
Mark’s horses earned 55 National, World & NSBA Championship titles.
- 2011 – 2014 Mechanics N Motion Tour – expands to 25 countries and 300 days per year.
- 2011 – 2014 – Mark show team earns multiple European Championships in NSBA, DQHA & AQHA events.